Monday, February 4, 2013

Vegetarian Super Bowl


This was my first Super Bowl as a vegetarian and when I helped my husband, Mike with the menu this year I knew I had to come up with something different other than our usual brats, sausages in BBQ sauce and chicken wings. We had all those things, I just didn't indulge in them. 

I searched the internet for a avocado grilled cheese sandwich and found a very good recipe at:

It was delicious and I highly recommend it. 

We also served vegetables with a low fat ranch dressing, pepper jack and sharp cheddar cheeses with crackers and a cheese dip that is a family favorite. The cheese dip is very easy to make. You take a large box of Velveeta and a jar of salsa and put that in the crockpot until it melts. We used our salsa out of the garden and it was very tasty.

Do you have a must have Super Bowl dish? If so please share it in the comment section.

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment